Since 1996, Mercal Consulting Group has helped in internationalization in direct investment processes.
Mercal is integrated into the global IMCN network, with presence in Europe, Africa, America and Asia.
Mercal is considered the Best Portuguese Consultancy Company by prestigious worldwide organizations.
Our work focuses on the search and identification of business opportunities for companies, defining primarily markets where our performance is strong.
Choosing the perfect location for the business is vital to the success of any activity.
Several factors contribute to the definition of location, namely:
• The existence of a skilled workforce;
• Access to markets, customers and suppliers.
These factors are crucial to the success or failure of starting the business.
Mercal Consulting Group provides a set of services to help companies expand through appropriate geographic positioning by producing, assisting, distributing and supporting R&D operations both within and outside the country.
We cover all phases of the relocation process, from strategic planning, feasibility of the project to the location decision with the site selection.
Through the identification of different options for the location considered appropriate, we have selected through comparative studies the best solutions.
Since each project and each client has different requirements and specificities, our set of services can be flexibly applied to one or more, or all, stages of the site selection and selection process.
For each of the location options, we elaborate:
• Social and demographic studies;
• Comparative analyses of economic feasibility and human resources, their qualification and cost;
• Identification of local educational infrastructures, including vocational training;
• Analysis of telecommunications and other public services (water, gas, electricity);
• Identification and evaluation of properties appropriate to the location and available locations;
• Identification of local, regional and national incentives;
• Assessment of local attitudes towards the business concerned and the expected level of support and attitude of the local authorities;
• Identification and audit of the local transport network and its consequences for the customer;
• Identification of suppliers;
• Comparison of pricing and taxation policies;
• Analysis and identification of the public safety level;
• Identification of appropriate housing, schools and other social entities for expatriate technicians in the service of the company;
• Comparisons to the level of cost and quality of life;
• Design and implementation of management solutions to recommend changes;
Since 1996 we have helped our clients in the different inherent stages in the decision and process of locating their companies.
We guarantee the best operational location for your overseas business.
Our services also include: