Since 1996, Mercal Consulting Group has provided services to support revitalization and access to business financing.
Mercal is integrated into the global IMCN network, with presence in Europe, Africa, America and Asia.
Mercal is considered the Best Portuguese Consultancy Company by prestigious worldwide organizations.
The € 220 million corporate financing line is designed to capitalize SMEs as long as they demonstrate economic viability and sustained growth capacity.
It should be noted that SMEs can also be supported after a restructuring process involving a Special Revitalization Program (PER) or System for the Recovery of Companies by Extrajudicial Route (SIREVE), and the Debts to the Treasury and Social Security must be in a regularization process.
Scope and Objectives
Active stimulus to revitalization and expansion of viable companies, generating employment, exports and economic growth.
The objective of the Revitalize Funds is to promote the capitalization of companies in order to sustain plans and projects of expansion and growth.
Venture capital operations may be implemented through:
1. The acquisition, by subscription, purchase or any other way, of capital or quasi-equity instruments;
2. The granting of credit, in accordance with Decree-Law no. 375/2007, of 8 November;
The beneficiary companies:
• They must be located in national territory;
• Do not find themselves in financial difficulties within the meaning of the European Union guidelines on State aid for rescuing and restructuring firms in difficulty (Commission Communication 2004 / C 244/02).
As in any venture capital operation it is a requirement that companies submit:
• Business with high potential for growth and appreciation;
• Credible and ambitious management teams;
• Transparency in information;
• Availability to welcome a new investor and share the management of the company;
• A credible business plan that demonstrates the potential of value creation and profitability.
The total amount of corporate financing funds amounts to € 220 million, Venture Capital Funds.
The corporate financing funds are divided into 3 zones and managed by independent specialized entities:
• Revitalize Fund North: € 80 M;
• Revitalize Fund Center: € 80 M;
• Revitalize Fund Lisbon, Alentejo and Algarve: € 60 M.
At least 70% of the Revitalized Fund’s investment for corporate financing has to be realized in the form of equity capital or quasi-equity instruments (e.g. convertible bonds);
The maximum annual investment per company is € 1.5 million.
MERCAL can help your company in the application process for the Funds, following the methodology: