Since 1996, Mercal Consulting Group has been helping our clientes in Corporate Acquisition processes (Buy-side advisory).
Mercal is integrated into the global IMCN network, with presence in Europe, Africa, America and Asia.
Mercal is considered the Best Consultancy Company by prestigious worldwide organizations.
Many times, the entrepreneur is faced with questions such as:
• What do we want and what can we become?
• Is it worth entering new segments or increasing market share by acquiring competitors?
• How to make an operation possible?
In fact, factors such as management capacity, capital requirements and time may be conditioning factors for the growth of the company and its businesses.
In turn, the existing options are conditioned by:
• Globalization of competition;
• Productivity and competitiveness standards;
• Technological developments;
• Need for economies of scale to compensate for the crushing of business margins;
• Greater sector consolidation and transparency requirements and respect for corporate governance principles.
On the other hand, the speed obtained by organic growth of the company may not be sufficient to preserve or gain a competitive position in the market.
Thus, mergers, acquisitions of companies or strategic alliances appear as an important mechanism that can be seriously considered.
In consolidating the corporate Acquisition strategy, three objectives must be achieved:
1. Generate Shareholder Value;
2. Obtain Market Share;
3. Synergy gains.
In the quest for its best expansion strategy Mercal can make a decisive contribution:
• In preparing the strategy;
• Corporate valuation;
• Negotiation and future integration of the new business with the current one.
We have extensive experience in both European, African and American markets at the level of international operations, whether when buying a competitor or acquiring a customer or supplier.
It is not enough to analyse whether the acquisition value is high or low in absolute terms, but also whether or not to settle a higher amount of the company's actual value for a particular buyer.
There are numerous factors that influence the process of selling a business.
It is common to find entrepreneurs who develop a very emotional factor with their companies as if they were their own lives. Buyers face the acquisition of a company with great objectivity.
What really matters are the numbers that the company presents, namely its financial performance as well as the economic factors linked to the market in which the company operates.
We help you find the right company and make the best deal for you.
We assure all the steps that relate to processes of Corporate Acquisition: